Intense Pulse Light (IPL) produces vibrant, radiant, and younger looking skin by stimulating collagen to target brown pigmentation and redness. IPL targets pigmentation to lighten the skin. IPL is one of our most popular treatments because of the instant rejuvenation it provides.
IPL Photorejuvenation uses a powerful, computer-controlled flashgun to administer broad-spectrum pulses of light that stimulate collagen production to remove the effects of photoaging. The process induces controlled wounds on the skin, which prompts the skin to heal itself by creating new cells that improve the skin’s appearance.
Although similar, this light-based technology is not a laser, which goes deep into the skin. While both IPL and laser treatments use light and heat to get rid of discolouration, lasers use only one wavelength of light that will treat a single condition only, while IPL employs a broad spectrum of light that enables it to treat multiple conditions at a time.
IPL Photorejuvenation can be used to lighten pigmentation anywhere on the face or body, and several areas can be treated during the same session. This treatment is fast, efficient, and comfortable!
Enhancing the collagen in your skin through IPL helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, as well as gives the skin a healthy glow and more homogeneous appearance. IPL effectively targets various superficial skin concerns at once, including brown pigment (freckles, age spots, sun spots, and liver spots) and redness (vessels, veins, flushing, rosacea, couperose, broken capillaries, spider veins, cherry angiomas, mottled skin, and uneven skin tone). By targeting instances of pigmentation, IPL lightens the skin. IPL is most effectively used on fair-skinned clients versus clients with a darker skin type or tan.
Not all IPL machines are created equal. A high-quality IPL machine can deliver fantastic results, however, due to the range of technology on the market it’s important to ensure that you are being treated by medical-grade technology and by a highly trained technician.
Bijou’s choice of IPL is The Icon system from Cynosure medical, which is a superior and industry-leading IPL system. The Icon IPL is the only system equipped with the FDA approved Skintel Melanin Reader, a revolutionary device that measures the density of melanin content in the skin prior to treatment, which results in safer treatments with excellent results.
For best results, we recommend:
- Avoiding sun exposure and tanning beds 4 weeks prior to your treatment
- Protecting your skin using a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily
- Not applying self-tanners two weeks prior to treatments
- Applying an ice pack post treatment to help reduce swelling, if any should occur
- Not picking at any dry or flakey spots of the skin post treatment
- Avoiding chemical peels and waxing prior to treatments
Who's it for:
- Individuals with fair to medium skin tones
- Those seeking a proactive approach to prevent and reverse the signs of aging
- Anyone with facial vessels, sun damage, rosacea, or red sensitive skin
- Minimal downtime
- Treated areas may be pink, feel slightly sunburned and be slightly swollen
- Targeted pigmentation will appear darkened for approximately seven days
- Stay out of the sun for a minimum of two weeks and wear sunscreen daily
- Sun damaged skin
- Sensitive skin
- Facial vessels
- Brown spots
- Unwanted facial or body hair
- Starting at $375.
Book a free consultation for customized treatment plans and pricing.
Kelowna, BC, Canada | (778) 821-2112 | firstname.lastname@example.org